It is this time of year that most people return from an extended break over the festive period. Following all the fun and festivities of the previous few days, how to you beat the Monday morning blues?
Below are some of our ideas on how to get back into the mindset for being productive and getting back to enjoying your Monday mornings.
- Focus on something you want to achieve in your work week that will make you feel great
- Take a lunchtime run on Monday or go to the gym before work. Start your week of with a bang!
- Remember; it's a new week and anything that happened last week is in the past so move on and move forward positively
- Don't be rushed in the morning and plan your Monday and your week the night before
- Organise something to do with your evening; take up a new sport, meet a friend, do something different than you would normally do on a Monday; just change your habit
- Give yourself a reward at the end of the day for achieving the tasks you set yourself.
- If there is something that is worrying you think about what is the worst that could really happen? Things always find a way of working out
- Make a list of anything you are worried about and see if you or your manager or colleagues can help you. Get the issues out of the way early so things don't build up.
- Dress to impress and ensure you look good for your week ahead. It's amazing how you will feel if you look great.
- Finally make sure you get a good 8 hours sleep prior to your Monday morning start; so have an early night; read a book and feel fresh for the week ahead!
Source: Vine 16